At Cygnet you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist healthcare and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Bierley.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work alongside our onsite Consultant Psychiatrist (Dr D Britto), Psychologist, Nursing Team and others members of the MDT. You will be responsible for:
- The female PICU ward of up to 15 patients
- Assessing patients with a wide range of psychiatric disorders to provide tailored care
- Initiating treatment plans using the whole person approach to the assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders and good medical practice within the MDT setting
- Prescribing and reviewing medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist
- Initiating treatment plans using the whole person approach and good medical practice within the MDT setting
- Undertaking clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care
- Hours: 9:00-17.00 Monday to Friday. Participate in the on-call rota 1 in 6 nights/ weekend days, with compensatory rest.
We are looking for people who have:
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting is preferred
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we’ll offer you:
- Support from a Consultant Psychiatrist and MDT team
- Enhanced payments for on-call duties â€¢ Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Monthly education programme ran by a Consultant
- Professional development – rotate within the wards / services to gain experience across various specialisms
- The opportunity to progress to Associate Specialist and Consultant level by the CESR route
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.Apply for this job