Its purpose is to help you demonstrate that you work safely and effectively and to improve public protection, by making sure you remain fit to practice. At Cygnet, we believe the revalidation process will improve standards in the profession and allow nurses to be more accountable. We will support you through this process with regular reminders, information, tools and resources.
Revalidation is the responsibility of the healthcare professional however, as your employer, Cygnet Health Care is committed to providing a supportive working environment to ensure you can successfully revalidate and are registered to work in our services.
If you work for Cygnet you will be able to access Vital, an online revalidation tool. We have purchased licenses for all our employed nurses, including bank staff. When you join you will be sent an email with clear instructions, inviting you to register and how to use the system.
All nurses across the Cygnet group have access to this important registration software. It provides additional support to nursing staff and enables them to successfully manage the revalidation process. It also demonstrates Cygnet Health Care’s commitment to our nursing staff and their professional development.
To find out more about the system please take a look.
- 450 practice hours, or 900 if renewing as both a nurse and midwife
- 35 hours of CPD including 20 hours of participatory learning
- Five pieces of practice-related feedback
- Five written reflective accounts
- Reflective discussion
- Health and character declaration
- Professional indemnity arrangement
Online professional resources to support Revalidation
- Nursing and Midwifery Council [NMC] Revalidation Website
- NMC Booklet – How to Revalidate with the NMC
- NMC – The Code – professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives
- NMC Online – Log in to NMC Online to find out your renewal date, update your details, pay your fee etc.
- NMC – How Midwives are regulated
- NMC – Midwives Rules and Standards 2012
- Royal College of Nursing – Revalidation Website
- NHS Employers – Revalidation for nurses and midwives
- Nursing Times – Using reflection on reading for revalidation
- RCNi – Revalidation Website
Keeping up to date